SEO has a huge and critical role in projecting a business to its target customers in the best way possible to help it survive in the fierceness of the business world. For example, when a potential customer searches for a particular product on the Internet, there is a large possibility that they do not go beyond the third page of the search results. Landing your website on the first page and perhaps being shown in the featured snippet can help easily attract target consumers and drive more organic traffic toward your business. However, since there are a lot of changes happening this year in the SEO scene, here are some tips on how to improve your local SEO strategy:
1. Accurate NAP Data across Local Business Listings – NAP (Name of Business, Address, and Phone Number) are critical aspects when creating a profile for local business listing. Enlisting your business on top online local directory listing sites gives potential clients the chance to thoroughly review your business before choosing your services. Acquiring positive client reviews on these local business directories boosts your online presence. Additionally, optimizing your business listing helps increase the chances of prospective clients reaching you.
2. Streamlining the Power of Local Link Building – Expert SEO specialists know the importance and power of link building for local SEO. However, keep in mind that general link building is different from building links for local SEO. If you are an owner of a local business in Toronto, understand that establishing a strong relationship holds an important position (as reflected in Google’s algorithm for local SEO).
3. Optimizing for Visual Search – In recent years, people have come to prefer using image search query compared to text-based query. The rise of this new search engine technology, known as visual search, will have a huge impact on the SEO game in 2018 and in the coming years. Additionally, the name for Google’s visual search engine is Google Lens. Capitalizing on this new development immediately will place you ahead of your competitors.
4. Focus on Customer Ratings and Reviews – A survey showed that the local business ratings and reviews can influence the customers’ buying behaviour. Here are a few tips for leveraging the power of ratings and review to benefit your local SEO:
- Using schema markup can help feature your ratings and reviews on the search engines.
- Get alerted by social media listening tool each time your brand is mentioned online and do not miss out on the opportunity to request customers to leave reviews.
- Get reviews on your Facebook page and Google My Business profile.